Of all the essential oils I have used, Peppermint is by far one of my very favorites! Not only does it smell delicious, it has all different kinds of uses. Some of my favorites include:
- Add to water for a boost of energy
- Diffuse to enhance concentration and boost feelings positivity
- Mix with a carrier oil and rub onto the skin to help alleviate for sore muscles, especially after exercise!
Avoiding temptations this time of year could be a full time job! Some tricks you can use to help manage your calorie intake during the holiday season include:
- Have a snack or small meal before attending a party or big dinner to avoid overeating
- Drink water before and during a meal
- Bring a healthier dish to parties for all to share
- Use the plate method (1/2 plate veggies, 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 complex carb)
- Eat consistently throughout the day to avoid crashes in blood sugar then overindulgence.
- Use low or no calorie mixers for alcoholic drinks. Alternate each alcohol drink with water to limit extra calories.
- Survey the buffet before serving yourself to decide what are must have foods and those you don’t mind forgoing.
Research is showing a connection between the things you eat and an improved ability to manage stress. Dark chocolate is on the list, so I’m already on board! Check out the rest here.