Avoiding temptations this time of year could be a full time job! Some tricks you can use to help manage your calorie intake during the holiday season include:
- Have a snack or small meal before attending a party or big dinner to avoid overeating
- Drink water before and during a meal
- Bring a healthier dish to parties for all to share
- Use the plate method (1/2 plate veggies, 1/4 lean protein, 1/4 complex carb)
- Eat consistently throughout the day to avoid crashes in blood sugar then overindulgence.
- Use low or no calorie mixers for alcoholic drinks. Alternate each alcohol drink with water to limit extra calories.
- Survey the buffet before serving yourself to decide what are must have foods and those you don’t mind forgoing.